Yeah, you read that right. I just set my fifth PR in my sixth race in 2011, and it’s only just the end of February!
This morning I ran my first 10 mile race, the Adams Heart Run, and set a new PR of 1:56:39! Yes, granted, it was my first time racing this distance, but a PR is a PR! Especially when you consider the miserable long hills this course had AND the fact that my ITBS was acting up so badly I had to walk more than a few times when my knee actually gave out on me. Add that to the pain-induced nausea and the mental battles? Definitely not my best race. But hey – it’s a PR!
My other big PR in 2011 was the Mercedes Half Marathon, again, my first race of this distance. But I am ridiculously proud of my time of 2:28:29!
I know my near-perfect year will have to end at some point. After all, I’m only human. But for now I’m going to revel in my awesomeness.
My 2011 so far!!
- Jan 8 – Red Nose Run 5k – 31:21 [PR]
- Jan 22 – Village 2 Village 10k – 1:07:32 [PR]
- Jan 29 – Ladun 8k – 53:05 [PR]
- Feb 5 – Heart & Sole 5k – 32:20
- Feb 13 – Mercedes Half Marathon – 2:28:29 [PR – new distance]
- Feb 26 – Adams Heart 10 mi – 1:56:39 [PR – new distance]
Short post this morning. It’s totally nap time. Just wanted to share my excitement!